- It is very early. For an insomniac, it's a common thing to be awake at this early, though.
- Our cat is snoring out loud, curled up on the bench at the foot of the bed. We never use it, the cat does. As a side note: husband snores next to me. The fact that I can get any word in between them snoring is something that I am very proud of takes a bow after the thunderous applause
- Every year after the A to Z challenge, my blog falls by the wayside. Writing 26 blog posts in a short time kills the will to write twice weekly.
- I want to write three blogs a week, ideally, two of them themed, one random. That is my ideal thing. Have I ever managed that? Maybe one week. It was a good week though.
- I need to get out of my head and into writing my novel again. Darnit.
- I am a master procrastinator. Think that is also the reason why #5 is moving so slowly.
- #5 also moves slowly because I have changed my whole plot idea half way through the novel. The first part feels so disconnected that I have a hard time connecting the dots.
- I set out to write twenty random thoughts, in a way to empty my head and create space for writing a novel. I guess that now my brain is going: ha! Good luck making it to twenty, sucker!
- I have to go into Luddite mode tomorrow, no technology allowed for a sleep study I am going to do in Amsterdam. I wonder how long it will take before I climb the walls.
- I love technology. Going without is going to be so weird. I will probably hug my iPhone when I leave the hospital.
- Funnily (love this word!) enough, the reason why I might have insomnia is my love for technology. Go figure.
- I absolutely love the Fitz and the Fool series by Robin Hobb. Just started the second book.
- I have this rule that I cannot read the genre I am writing in when I am writing a book. I tell myself that I can because my book is mostly SciFi. But also very much Fantasy. I love to mix genres like that :)
- I love to journal, I love the tactile feel of a fountain pen to paper. But if I want to be able to read what I write in a passionate rush of pen to paper, I need to type it. Even I can't read my scribblings then. But it makes for some perfect secret journaling.
- I always carry a pencil case filled with goodies with me, along with a journal. I don't always use everything in the pencil case when I am out and about, but if I don't have it with me, I need something from it.
- I need to start a Fountainpenaholics anonymous group. I am addicted to fountain pens. Good thing the most expensive pen I have ever bought was 20 euro. If I had an expensive fountain pen addiction, we would be flat broke. Then again, I have never written with an expensive fountain pen. Can't imagine it writes better than my TWSBI Eco. Every time I write with that pen, fireworks go off in my brain and angel choirs start singing heavenly tunes.
- Every time my blog is starting to look the way I wanted it to look when I started out my mad blogging, my brain goes: what if I do this and this to it? Stupid brain, never satisfied. This time I am persisting, darnit. I don't want to install Wordpress again and then a theme that I really like and then shouting at it because Wordpress is so horrible. I like simplicity. Wordpress is NOT simplicity.
- I write most of my blog posts in Byword, have a whole folder of half eaten written blog posts that I can finish at any time and publish to Blogger. Also a document with random ideas that come to me in the middle of the night.
- The reason why I didn't open any of those documents over the last month or so is threefold: tired of blogging, tired of thinking of new ideas to post and having the flu.
- Half an hour or so after starting this list it is finished. Both my husband and my cat are still snoring. I need to start my day in earnest. First things first: filling my stomach with gorgeous food!
Bonus thought: I loved to write this, might become a tradition. Let's see how long I maintain it like stated in #4